2. Sheets: Every student is required to provide their own table sheets.
3. Towels: You will need 2 large towels and 2 small hand towels.
3. Stone Heater: Every student will need a stone heater. A crockpot is okay for class IF it has a temperature setting and is kept on "Low" for safety purposes. The best option is a stone heater with a digital readout or dial to show degrees in fahrenheit. This can be found on Amazon.
4. White or light-colored wash cloth: This is placed inside the stone heater, so you can see your stones in the water.
5. Waterproof thermometer (required for each student).
7. Pillow case: for stone placement on client’s back
8. Massage Oil
9: The big one. Every student must provide their own STONES
BASALT STONES TO PURCHASE
FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS CLASS, we will be working with an 18 pc BASALT set that is unique to this class, that you can purchase online, (borrow or find: use guidelines and size chart provided)
I prefer that you purchase your stones. Purchasing these stones provides for a more consistent class with better flow and learning for you.
USE COUPON CODE: STUDENT for 20% discount (best price and best customer service) 480-516-4736 or 866-553-0595
You will need:
2 Trigger Point Stones (14.95)
4 Large Back/Thigh Stones (15.95)
8 Medium Working Stones (24.95)
Total Cost with STUDENT discount code- approx. 45.00+ tax & shipping
TIRMassageStone customer service can be reached at (480) 516-4736 or (866) 553-0595. Please call the school at (805) 966-5802 for help navigating their site.
Optional Stones- 8 Toe Stones, 4 Facial Stones (Instructor will bring these to demonstrate and for you to practice with if you want to keep costs down, otherwise feel free to purchase them online if you can)
FINDING/BORROWING Your Stones - GUIDELINES
Not recommended but if you absolutely can’t afford the approx. 45.00+ shipping for purchasing, please follow these guidelines CLOSELY:
You MUST know how to identify a BASALT stone. They can be found in riverbeds, at the beach near river outlets, and outdoor landscaping stores etc. Stones must be basalt!! The characteristics of smoothness, density, heat retaining abilities are of the utmost importance, as you will need to have consistency with heat!! VERY IMPORTANT. Other stones can have cracks, irregular textures/holes and can crack. DO NOT BRING ANYTHING BUT BASALT. Please bring them into class, clean. Prepare them for class by scrubbing in very warm water, with antibacterial soap and a scrub brush. Rinse well and dry completely.